TSS Earnslaw – Vintage Steamship at #Queenstown, New Zealand
But you know what! This will not happen in Winter. Since we went there during winter on last June 2018. We just can only experience with mini comfort cruise…still worth it!
Walter Peak High Country Farm, on the western shores of Lake Wakatipu, is steeped in history
A Cruise on the iconic “Lady of the Lake” is one of the best way to experience Queenstown’s famed scenic beauty. The leisurely 90 minutes return cruise across Lake Wakatipu.
We choose real journey since its convenience for us to walk in and reserved ticket on next day. Walking distance near our hotel and close to Pier.
Check out online saver if you have time. Do purchase ahead for discount. https://www.realjourneys.co.nz/en/plan/specials/20-multi-saver/
We booked for Walter Peak Farm Tour with Tea Breakfast (10 Am – 13.30 pm) – NZ$150
Add on yourself when you book online. Or you can just walk in and pay there. All staff are very friendly!!!
Things you should know
- Includes return cruise on board the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw to/from Walter Peak High Country Farm
- Includes a guided walking tour of the farmyard to view and feed sheep, deer, cattle and alpacas
- Demonstrations of sheep dogs working and sheep shearing
- Enjoy morning or afternoon tea including scones, cakes and slices freshly baked at the farm
- There’s time to relax in the lakeside gardens, in the sunny courtyards or peruse the gift shop for a memorable take home souvenir
- The tour is suitable for all ages – children love watching the dogs at work!
- A licensed cafe on board the TSS Earnslaw provides great refreshments
- Please note: The TSS Earnslaw is under maintenance for a short time period during winter each year. During this period travel to Walter Peak is by a smaller motorized boat (the lower price reflects this change).